[RC] re: racing at Canterbury - Cindy Collins

I'm against it 100% in principle.? A really experienced rider can do these things, of course.? Becky Hart did several of these races (help me out with memory, Merryben) in the early 1980s.? I know they did a 5 mile flat track race and they came out to Wyoming to race the South Pass relay races at some point.? It certainly beats the typical TB furlong races, but not sure it's what we want to support.? I think that 5 miles would be the minimum to consider if one were going to consider it.? I would also set a minimum age of five for the horses.? Just my thoughts.? I'm sure there will be divergent opinions.

Cindy Collins