[RC] You endurance folks rock! - Alissa Norman

I haven't been hanging with you endurance folks for too long, but I can tell you - the reason I keep hanging out with you guys is because you ROCK!  Never have I met a more friendly group of people.

I am managing a ride at Fair Hill, Maryland.  A nice woman called me yesterday - she's from Belgium, has never done a ride in the US (but has in Belgium), doesn't have a truck or a trailer.  She was going to have her horse shipped up to Fair Hill, drive her car up to base camp, and then just be there, with no rig, just her car.  Could I help her find a place to tie her horse for the night.

I figured I could do better than that, called a fabulous woman who I knew lived down her way and I knew was coming.  Could you pick up this nice woman and let her hang with you for the weekend?  Sure, she says.  No problem.  She'll take care of her.

Now where else do you find such generosity in the horse world?  Especially in the competitive horse world?  You guys continue to amaze and impress me.  Keep up the good work, endurance riders!  : )

Alissa

PS - not only is this savior picking up the nice Belgian woman, she is ALSO sponsoring the award for the first to finish Junior in the 50 mile ride.  So extra kudos for her - helping those who are new to the US, and helping to encourage our young riders.