Re: [RC] Equitation - Tx Trigger

----- Original Message -----
From: <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
I am far from being a good person to critique NATRC, since I have only
ridden drag a few times for them,  but I have ridden with a NATRC judge
whose personal choice of "equitation" was to stand in her stirrups at all
times on her tip-toes. Since I knew she was a judge, I assumed that what
they were judging as "acceptable" was not necessarily what would win you a
ribbon in a ring.<<<

What "most" judges look for is a rider who is light and balanced, not a
hindrance to their horse as they go down the trail. Shifting their rider
weight as needed to aid the horse on hills, and being in harmony with the
horse. Legs not so far back that they are flanking the horse going up hills,
not sitting heavy on the loins of a horse like a sack of potatoes going up
hills. Over rough and trappy conditions, they are light and move in unison
with the horse, and not being left behind and slammed into the saddle of the
horse has to hop over something.

Many folks get in to endurance without ANY formal riding lessons. They have
never been shown any different way to ride than they do. Some will do great,
while others could indeed benefit from some sort of help in being their
horses partner for a ride. There are some who have come from a show ring
background of hunt seat, or even western show ring classes that have learned
how to "sit pretty", but learn to apply those techniques towards riding
their horse well on the endurance trail.

And dressage training and lessons is excellent cross training for our
endurance horses.
Jonni