[RC] FEI, horses and wefare - Lisa's thoughts - Rusty Toth

Interesting that you say again "Where are they Now?" I seem to remember you
saying that you would "eat your words if a horse had come back from a race
like Presidents Cup" yet many have shown us that the horses DO come back.
The winner of the previous year come back and won BC this year at PC. Many
horses that participated in the PC we have been shown have many endurance
miles in Europe and Aussi and continue to compete. It seems to me that it is
we the US that cannot get a horse ready for that level and have it stay
sound and healthy not those who ride FEI all the time such as Europe and
Aussi. I am brought to think about Angie's view of the APEX and I must
agree. I am looking forward to equation lesson's (not!) but I know I need
them for the betterment of my horse and that is enough for me, sign me up
for dressage! UGH!

I must agree with Steph that although FEI has problems so do we. I am all
for FEI doing research to discover better ways to do this sport for our
horses welfare. Knowledge is knowledge and the more we have the better!

I must also say I found Steph and Kevin's view of the forum to be
inspirational and moving. I am all for the betterment of the sport on all
levels no matter where it starts. I am one who said I would never do
international again after going through Pan AM 2003 even though my horse
took home a medal - I am now thinking ... maybe. I am pleased FEI is making
a move to better themselves and the sport, congrats to them for taking
notice and trying to do something about. I grow tired of listening to people
complain that change is what is needed and yet when they begin to try and
change they complain yet again..... At the very least FEI has recognized
they need improvement and are taking steps to do that, it's a beginning, a
good thing.

I agree with you Bruce, Steph is welcome at my campfire any day.

I truly do not intend to offend anyone I just see this all a positive step
forward, my apologies for unintentionally offending... OK, I am now putting
on my amour - shoot away.

--
12:48 PM