[RC] Any comments on the Vermont Moonlight Ride - Susan Cushing - Katrina Mosshammer

Hi Susan,

I manage a night ride in OK, also in July.

I would suggest that you try it at home at least a couple of times first. The reason I say this is that our first year we had someone start that had not ridden at night before and she got vertigo so bad she barely made it back to camp and had to have someone help her. That would not want to be something you would want to find out for the first time at a ride, imo.

Also, if you have some one that can ride with you at home I would try a some things to make sure they won't bother you. While you can control what kind of light source you have on your horse you can't on others. I would try a variety of "lights" on the other horse and see if that bothers you. We had some riders tell us that the lights on other horses would made them dizzy when they rode beside or behind them.

Good luck!!
Katrina

[RC] Any comments on the Vermont Moonlight Ride - Susan Cushing

Hi,
I am pretty new to endurance and would like some information on the Moonlight Ride in Vermont on July.

What is the ride like?

What do people do to see in the dark. Total newbie question for sure. I am guessing head lamps, want to see if I am right.

How often and how do people train for riding in the dark?

Thanks,
Susan Cushing