Subject: [RC]   Scratches question for Vet Heidi
From: "Karen Sullivan" <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, March 26, 2007 3:20 pm
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Heidi,
The ridecamp archives have quite a few remedies for scratches...yours, I believe is Furacin, DMSO and "benzadole" wormer, equal portions...but you didn't mention wrapping...do you reccomend wrapping it?

My vet just reccomends a furacin wrap...but I like the idea of the DMSO and benzadole also, since I read that the scratches can be between layers of skin....

This mare has calmed down enough I can probably do a wrap....and leave wrapped for how many days?
Karen
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=