[RC] SEDRA Spring Clinic - Gotarace2

SEDRA SPRING CLINIC

April 27-29, 2007

Lake Louisa State Park

“Things Your Father Never Taught You

 (Because he was busy teaching your brother)”

Join us for a weekend of Riding, Learning, and Camaraderie.

Clinic will be limited to 50 participants and equines 4 years or older. Each class will be 45-60 minutes each, taught in small groups that will involve hands on training for subjects regarding distance riding, trucks, trailers, and the wildlife you may encounter! We encourage you to bring your horse, though you do not have to! Proof of Horse Coggin’s test must be up to date and negative.

After the classes, we can ride until dark.  Lake Louisa State Park has 20 miles of permanently marked horse trails.  Stay the night, enjoy the pot luck dinner, and ride again Sunday morning. Clinic fee include classes, lunch on Saturday, and Pot Luck dinner.  Hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided at Saturday night’s Pot Luck, please bring a side dish or dessert to share.

The park campground is reserved exclusively for our use for the whole weekend.  Plan to come for the clinic, and stay to ride.  Horse water, a few paddocks, bathrooms are available.  No electric.  Park rules will be enforced.  All dogs must be on leash.

Tentative subjects to be covered:

  • TIRES:  selection, rotation, changing a flat, greasing the bearings
  • 12 volt electrical systems:  learn the basics for installing tack and loading lights, fans, and a battery operated water pump
  • Easy boots: Fitting your horse and foaming
  • Toxic plants
  • Distance Training with a GPS and Heart Rate Monitor (concentrating on Garmin 201, 205, 301 and 305).
  • Horse feet and horse shoes:  Selection of horse shoes for the terrain and hoof type, angles for front and hind; help your farrier help you.
  • Emergency Preparedness:  Horse first aid kit, Roadside requirements.

Maris Ramsay, Clinic Manager 352-394-1286 (evenings please) or MarisR@xxxxxxx

Visit www.DistanceRiding.com, click on Ride Entry or stay awhile and browse…