916-848-3662 fax

From: "Jim Holland" <lanconn@xxxxxxx>
To: "'ridecamp'" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <flinnanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Betty Altman'" <talk2hoof@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Larry Wheat'" <l.wheat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Murphy'" <tmurphy_rcdd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jerry Fruth'" <jerryfruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Property in Hells Hollow
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:24:41 -0400

I have numerous people over the years I have lived up here in North Georgia
ask me if there was horse property here for sale. There is very little open
land here, and even the uncleared stuff hanging on the side of the mountain
is expensive. Most of it never even appears on the market.

The location where I am here in the Hells Hollow Community is prime for a
horse person, because it allows you to ride out of your yard into thousands
and thousands of acres Wilderness and NF mountains.  ANY thing close to
horse property here is a buy. This is a community largely made up of horse
people on a dead end road off a dead end road off a dead road and backs up
against the South side of the Southern Divide and adjoins the Chattahoochee
National Forest. No traffic. This is an Endurance Rider's dream location or
for any equestrian who loves mountains and forests.

My neighbor has a piece of property for sale at 1132 Hells Hollow
Road.Zipcode is 30513. One side of it adjoins my pasture across a large
creek. The house is relatively new, Brick/Vinyl, 3BR, 2Bath, sits on a hill
with pastures falling away to either side. The pastures are rough, but could
be nice with some reseeding. They are far from level, but acceptable for
pasture. What fences there are, are not much..mostly barbed wire on trees.
Rudimentary barn, nice creek frontage on one side, paved road frontage on
another. Could be a nice place and your horses would certainly get a lot of
exercise. :-)

They are asking $529,000 and its 10.19 acres.  MOST of that is open and
usable as pasture.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, you can contact agent
David Herring, Country Corners Realty, LLC at (706) 455-3398 or (706)
964-6025. They don't list a website. If you want to look at it, you can
hang with me. I could probably give you a GOOGLE link as to location or GPS
co-ordinates.best I can do.

As a reference, I bought my place (about 12 acres with about the same amount
of pasture) in 1998 for $125,000. It would probably bring close to a
million dollars right now. Fannin is a growth county, most of which is
National Forest.

Wish I could afford to buy it! <sigh>

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland