[RC] re: elytes/won't hurt - Cindy Collins

Angie:? I think the idea is that like most things we tend to do with animals...it's all or nothing.? We may be over-elyting now.? I do know riders who have never elyted and refuse to do so.? I also know riders who elyte every 5 miles or so.? I think the new research on ulcers and colicing may lead us to moderation and to being sure our horses really need the amount/frequency we are giving.? Most of us do not have any scientific basis for how much/how often to give them and there has been some "more is better" attitude.? There's just so much we don't know about what's happening on the inside of individual horses.? I certainly think that Malaysia would be similar to the SE, but don't "know" that.? Hope we get a photo when you decide to go braless, shoeless, bitless, etc. :)

Cindy Collins