Re: [RC] bitless - Barbara Reeves

I use a mock up of Dr Cook's bridle and really enjoy it.  I feel like I have plenty of whoa, even on my "energetic" Anglo Arabian gelding.  You have to make sure the noseband is set low.  If you have it too high, you have a lot less control over their nose.  http://www.bitlessbridle.com has a good section on how to properly fit one.

~Barbara

"To be an equestrian in the classical sense is not just to be a rider. It is a position in life."
--Charles de Kunffy

Learn more about the fight against Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption in the USA.