Re: [RC] tying up - Marirose Six

We had a horse here that used to tie up early in a ride. A couple of times very badly (go to vet for fluids kind of bad). We eliminated regular grain from his diet entirely. Gave him a small amount of Legacy (high fat food), Endura-max (for the calcium) & grass hay. He was able to go on 7 do a number of endurance rides, mostly ld's, some 50's (rider limitations). he is a TB/paint cross. We eventually stopped giving him the Endura-max except at rides. That program worked for that horse. Good luck.
Marirose
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:57 PM
Subject: [RC] tying up

Has anyone had any experience with a young TB type mare tying up with very little work, just being saddle broke. Any success stories out there, what worked for you???? This mare is AngloArab, walk, trot in the ring, just started some cantering, is turned out on pasture 24/7. Small amounts of grain & grass hay. Thanks, Judy