Re: [RC] Financing barn/living quarters - rides2far

preference, one building, close to the horses, you could go
down in your jammies and check on the ponies,

A good friend of mine is a vet and so is her husband. They had a tiny
older farm house then they built a  gorgeous huge barn with just about 6
stalls, but tack rooms, treatment areas, soft, fake brick hallway, etc.
downstairs. Then they were building a full sized apartment upstairs,
thinking they'd bring in a  young vet straight out of school and let them
live there while they worked for them. The longer she looked at that
apartment the more my friend wanted it so they ended up switching over to
building it for themselves. Now they've finished it off and it's a large
house upstairs in this big barn. The house only takes up one end of the
barn's upstairs and the other end is open. They have a picture window
that looks down over the stalls. She'll be able to flip the barn lights
on at any time and check on any horse. The barn is built into a hillside
so though it's upstairs to the barn, her kitchen and son's room open onto
a deck at ground level. Pretty elaborate deal by the time they got done.

I guess if I want mine closer I'll just wait till my daughters move out
then cut an exterior door to their bedrooms and let the horses in. It'll
probably stay cleaner than they keep them now. :-P

Angie