[RC] BC2A- my experience - Sheila_Larsen

I started using BC2A on Dr. Barney's recommendation.  I then noticed it had
L-carnitine in it and I this has been my experience with L-carnitine.  I
was have serious leg fatigue, even walking up the   hill from my barn (not
that far) and although I was slogged up hills walking with my horse my legs
would get fatigued very quickly.  I then was forced to listen to a
infomercial driving one day (only station that would come in) about the
benefits of L-carnitine.  I thought what's the harm, so I tried it.  Ok  I
am not exeragerating here, not more than a few days later I got off my mare
to walk up out of the American River Canyon as I would do. I walked about a
quarter of a mile and it dawned me, my legs weren't tired,   and I was able
to keep on walking all the way to the top..  Studies have had differering
results on the benefit of L-carnitine, but for me there was a significant
difference (HUGE difference).  For my mare it appeared that she was able to
go further more comfortable and the following day was not sore, which had
been a problem, overall stiffness.  I used it for several times before I
noticed it had L-carnitine in it.  I know someone else who said it made a
difference in their horse too, and another who didn't notice much
difference.  I would give it a try, won't hurt, and see how it works for
you.  I give a tube before trailering to a ride, 1/2 in the evening, 1/2
the morning of the ride, 1/2-3/4 at lunch, and 1/2 in the evening.  I don't
give that much before a long training ride, depending I will just give 1/2
when I put her in the trailer, and depending on the ride maybe a half
during or after.  Note that BCAA does not have L-carnitine in it- just fy.

A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of
the kind that is spoiled by words.  ~Beryl Markham