[RC] Stateline tack store closures - Susan Favro

Here’s what was printed in one industry publication about the closure of the Stateline Tack Stores:

“Retailers and vendors alike in the equine trade industry are watching carefully for the fallout after PetSmart announced Feb, 28 it would close in-store State Line Tack departments in 180 stores.

“The Phoenix-based company will also be looking for a buyer for the State Line catalog and Web site business.

“’Unfortunately, as we’ve grown to understand our equine and pet customers better, we’ve learned that equine is not something we do best,’ a statement issued by the company to vendors stated. The statement said all firm purchase orders will be honored.

“The closing is generally seen as a positive for independently owned tack stores, particularly on the English side, since that has been State Line’s primary focus. For vendors large and small, the loss of business could hurt; some may not survive. More than 425 sales associates working in State Line departments across the country will also likely be furloughed. “

There are lots and lots of vendors who specialize in serving the endurance rider. I don’t see this as any major loss for the long distance rider. You still have lots of options!

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
US Distributor for Strada Saddles

Phone 406.864.8000
E-mail Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net