Fw: [RC] Do gooders ,dogs...........grrrrr - Linda Hedgpeth

Hi "L Gin"

When researching handguns, you might consider a Glock. I am a female with short fingers as well. As a peace officer, I am fairly familiar with a variety of handguns - - but I'm certainly not an expert.

My personal handgun is a Glock 40 caliber, model 23. Glocks are VERY light because they are made with high-tech polymer frames. There is metal as well, but not nearly the amount of other pistols or revolvers. They are easy to care for and clean. Taking them apart is a breeze because there are only a few pieces. They are fun to shoot and easy to handle. Also, I think the trigger pull is just right for the "female" finger :-). When you target shoot, you'll find that your trigger finger will not be achy and strained-feeling after shooting a few rounds. That is something I really like. Did I say this gun is VERY LIGHT ;-). Those who ride in remote areas and like to carry some protection in case of dangerous animal or human varmints will appreciate their ease in carrying.

Try to find someone who let you borrow theirs for target practice. You will find that as the magazine empties, as each round is fired, the barrel will pop up a little more after each firing. This is because it is so light. As it becomes lighter when the magazine empties, there is less weight when you fire it. Your accuracy will not be affected. I am just as accurate with the first round, as with the last one. The kicking up is like the recoil after firing. It is no big deal at all - just something I find with the Glock that I don't sense with the heavier metal handguns. Glocks are a breeze to shoot. I wouldn't have anything else........and no, I'm not a dealer ;-)

Here is a link to their website
http://www.glock.com/english/index_lifestyle.htm

Linda Hedgpeth
Susanville, CA