Re: [RC] [RC] breeding pigeon-toed horse for endurance? - Maryben Stover

Rio was pigeon toed...........mb

On 3/16/07, sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My mustang mare was toed in on the front right. I bred her to my neighbor's Arab and got a cute little filly. The one thing the farrier & vet both commented on several times (aside from how cute she is) is that the filly's legs are so straight. It probably could have gone the other way, too. I've also seen straight-legged parents have toed-in offspring.

Kathy

Mary wrote:

so I don't know if being toed-in would have broken her down over lots of miles. I also don't know the likelihood of being able to avoid passing on this conformational problem through careful selection of a stallion.