[RC] Costs of rides - Alissa Norman

"Then the $15.00 per meal.  I remember when the camping and meal were
included in the ride fee. That is how an entry can start to escilate, the
associated fees. To reduce the cost I don't sign up for the meal. This
saved me $30."

The reason you state above (I didn't sign up for a meal, saved $30) is EXACTLY
why ride managers are separating out the cost. It gives you the option to save
some money. For my ride this year the cost I have to pay the park for camping
jumped from $5 a rig to $15 a rig, per night. Instead of increasing the entry
fee for everybody, we are having people pay the camping fee as an "extra." So they
have a base ride fee, and then pay per rig, per night. So if you live close and only
need to camp one night, you save money. If you car-pool, you save money. I think
separating out those costs HELPS. It really sucks for the poor ride management,
keeping track of all that. But definitely helps the competitor.

Alissa Norman
Foxcatcher Endurance (Maryland)