Re: [RC] The ethics of slaughter - Hoovinit

   If someone truly is concerned with an "affordable" solution to dispose of an unwanted horse because they can no longer "afford" said horse, check with your local dump-many will allow you to bring your live horse on a trailer, shoot or euthanize it there and they cover it up. You have to make arrangements ahead of time though.  Personally, I'd rather pay  the vet to come to my property to euthanize it and then take the body to the dump, but to each his own. I suppose dropping it off at the local auction is perhaps easier for some. Here in the Phoenix area, a local rendering plant will also pick up the body for a fairly reasonable fee.