Re: [RC] Upcoming prospect Reg. Name-Help! - Lysane Cree

Hi Kyle,

Being Mohawk, I like your idea for your Paint's name, but what about using a name of a tribe that is in your state...not to be mean, but everyone seems to use Cheyenne, Cherokee or Sioux as "the" Indian names.... :)

If I remember correctly you are in PA right? Why not use something related to the Lenape (pronounced "Len-nah-pay"; they are also called Delaware) who live in PA. I did a quick search and found a cool website that translates english words into the Lenape language. Feather is "mikwen" and feathers is "mikwenak." There are two dots above the "e", so the e is supposed to be said like the "a" in sofa...

So maybe:

Classic Lenape Mikwenak
Sheza Lenape Mikwenak

or some variation of it. Just some ideas, don't know if they sound good to anyone else LOL

But whatever you do, please don't put Squaw in the name!

Lysane

Thekids18049@xxxxxxx wrote:

HEY

I'm trying to come up with a good name for my 2 yr. old paint filly. I want something Indian 'ish' with nature.

Her call name is Feather because many of her markings make out to be foul of some kind. Feather doesn't necessarily have to be in the registration name.

Some we came up with are

Sheza Classic Sunrise
Sunrise Sioux Feather
Cheyennes Soaring Feather
Cheyennes Soaring Spirit

Something along these lines? Can you think of any?

Sire: Beer Names, Classic, Duck most common
Dam: Indian names such as "Squaw, Apache", Rough, Arrow, Sunrise, Cyclone, Cochise, Flying are most common in her background?

Can you think of anything?

Kyle