[RC] Slaughter - janeenesings

The debate rages, but if horses are just "livestock," why can't I qualify for agricultural exemption in my county in Texas (unless I breed)? Cattle, goats, sheep, pigs, etc., but not horses! You can't have it both ways. If horses are livestock and worth so many cents per pound at slaughter then I should qualify for ag exemption on my little old 61 acres just like the cattle ranchers on either side of me.
I think the biggest problems in our country right now (and getting worse by the looks of it) is that we are a society obsessed with instant gratification, self-entitlement and short attention spans.  We want something, (we deserve it), we buy it, we get tired of it, we get rid of it.  I've seen horses standing in someone's yard starving but the kids in that same yard are playing with the latest iPod or Gameboy.

Mahatma Ghandi said it best:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Janeene
"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devoutly than ever before."
--Leonard Bernstein