Re: [RC] slaughter vs consumption - Karen Everhart

Diane,

I fully recognize that some people come upon hard times, and as a result, tough decisions must be made.  But we are not talking about that at all.  We are talking about rich people, making a ton of babies, and "dumping" those who don't meet their criterion; whatever they might be.  If you want numbers, just look at the number of TB's, QH's, STB's, Arab's, Paints which are registered each year.  Those "folk" ain't poor or the babies wouldn't be registered.  Then go look at the killer trucks for the young, healthy, TB's, STB's, QH's, Arabs and Paints and tell me that these horses once belonged to "poor" people who came on hard times.

No one is talking about Ivory tower living.  What we are talking about is "doing the right thing".

Karen Everhart MEd
President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082