[RC] euthanization - Susan - Tx Trigger

If I lived in CA, I'd start NOW and get politicians behind me to change
some laws.  My animals are buried on my farm and I'm thankful for that. <<<

You obviously have no idea how many of the horse keeping situations in CA
are very VERY different than what most folks might be used to. There are
areas of many cities, in the city limits, that are known as horsekeeping
neighborhoods. Ours was 1/2 of an acre, legally zoned to keep four horses on
it. Different cities had different laws as to lot size, and how many horses
you could have, how far they had to be housed from neighbors houses etc. I
don't see a law ever being passed, to allow someone to bury a horse in the
back yard in the city. And I'd not ever expect them to allow that.  We had a
couple horses that we lost while living in So. CA, and a man came by who
charged us $200 to haul off the body. He took the horse to the local
landfill. Some find that horrible, but the horse is dead. He doesn't care. I
don't need to go to any sort of grave to visit him, as he is alive in my
heart. Some feel different, and the options as mentioned, of cremation are
available.

Now we have acreage in Texas, and have one of the horses buried here. It was
just the easiest solution. But I still don't go "visit" the grave or
anything. We also have a little pet cemetery going on with the cats, dogs
and the cockatiel.  But the neighbor hauls the deal animals out to a back
pasture for the other critters to eat on them. What ever works for each
individual.  But, some areas have laws for reasons. I can just see someone
digging a hole in their Los Angeles backyard and hitting the water main for
the neighborhood. LOL

Jonni