[RC] Tevis Trail from Cool to No Hands Bridge - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

This may or may not already have been posted, I will admit I did not take the time to look it up.

The request not to ride the WSTF trail section between Cool and No Hands Bridge has been extended through the month of March. Please read the notice copied below:

IMPORTANT TRAIL NOTICE: The WSTF foundation trail committee has done some major work in concert with State Parks on a section of trail from Pointed Rocks (El Dorado County near Cool) down to No Hands Bridge along the WSTF Trail. We are having a trail machine fill in ruts and smooth out sections of this length of trail that has eroded over many years.  We are requesting that horses not use this trail until April 1st when the soil has had a chance to compact and settle. We still need to place water bars and do final brushing, so it would be extremely helpful for riders to use the alternate trail to Cool from Auburn (dam site) or schedule their ride so as to not traverse this section. A map of the affected area is here: http://www.foothill.net/tevis/WST-trail-work-Feb-2007.pdf  The trail to avoid is marked in yellow.

Jackie Floyd
Webmaster