Re: [RC] Registration - court order mess... - Laney Humphrey

This is kind of a backwards way of looking at the situation but here goes. Kari, in your original post you say that you would now like to breed this mare to produce endurance prospects but you don't want to have to register them as 1/2 arabs when you know they are purebred. Maybe the fact that the mare's papers are so hard to get will actually save you from producing babies when the market is so down even registered, sweepstakes horses are going for way below what it cost to produce them. I'm saying this a bit tongue-in-cheek, but, especially given the recent RC discussions about rescue horses and horse prices, her lack of papers may be a blessing in disguise.
If you are determined to breed her in order to produce horses for the endurance market, you are lucky in that many endurance people look at the horse and its ability to perform and not the papers. Since you do know her pedigree via her racing tatoo, if her babies are really good, that should be quite enough for people looking for performance quality.
I bought an OTT racing arabian gelding a number of years ago. Tatooed, pedigree known (shown to me by the sellers) but they didn't want to sell his papers because they said they didn't want him raced again. That didn't make much sense to me but I went along with it. A couple of years later I decided to sell him was given essentially the same info you've gotten from the Registry. Fortunately for me, I was able to buy his papers and did sell him with the ability to transfer ownership with the Registry. Knowing what I know now, I may well have been able to sell him just as well without his official papers.
I guess what I'm trying to say is: dont get all hung up on the value of registration papers, especially in today's very shaky horse market.
Laney

Tx Trigger wrote:
You bought the mare thinking she had no papers. Personally, I'd not bother if it is that much work and frustration. If you had a use planned for her when you bought her, and love her , then the papers should not change that.
I have one that his papers did not follow him, and have been "lost" along the way, but I do know who he really is, and that is enough for me.
Jonni in TX