[RC] Registration - court order mess... - Leah McGregor

Here is what I did a few years ago with a gelding I bought that was freeze branded without papers. Basically told the same thing. I got an attorney that took care of everything for me for 350.00 which seemed worth it to me. And he ran an ad in the last "recorded owners" paper for a few days, maybe a week I don't recall but the attorney handled it. Ad requested the owner to come forward and claim the horse.........they did not.......I had been feeding, caring maintianing the horse for over one year took that all before the judge and I was declared owner. I thought it was easy and simple to do. The attorney a I  picked was a horse owner and more than happy to do it. It is simple for the attorney to do, you could do it yourself I'm sure easier for me to pay someone 350.00 on a $500.00 horse, who was sweepstakes besides and let them do it right the first time.
my  2 cents
Leah McGregor