[RC] Arabian mare(and others) in need - Tx Trigger

One of the animal shelters here in No. TX  has taken in about 40 horses over the past six weeks.  I have heard of some people just turning them loose, or giving them to whom ever will take them. This shelter is now seeking hay donations. When hay is so expensive and hard to find around here, I am betting they will not be having as many donations as they would like.  Reading the note on the Arab mare in the previous post, from the rescue site:

"Medina was sold at auction on 3/7/07 for 0.32 cents on the pound to the kill buyer, and is bound for slaughter. CTR called her last owner and breeder.  Her owner has never sold a horse at a sale like this one, and was shocked to hear her beloved mare is bound for a painful, agonizing death, possibly in a Mexico slaughterhouse. "

So, this horse was  saved....but with the drought causing hay prices high in many areas, people getting rid of horses how ever they can...where will they all go? Wake up folks.... this is not gonna get better soon.  We should be seeing our pastures starting to grow here in TX, but right now, it looks like many will have to feed hay to their pastured horses well into the spring, as they don't have any growth to speak of, due to no rain.

Do a Google search for the words STARVING HORSES in the news section, and you will get new stories fairly regularly.  Here are a few:

This is not gonna get better soon.......
Jonni in No. TX