RE: [RC] my husband and his big rig - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

Hey Jen, your hubbie is on to something.  One of the vets in the NW (Gene
Nance) drives a big rig and pulls a pretty darn large LQ trailer.  My hubbie
thought it was a great idea and mentioned it to me and I accused him of
being Tim the Toolman.

Last summer, I decided to drive to a ride (Pacific Crest in southern Oregon)
the way the directions said NOT to go.  At almost the top of the 17 miles
climb, I overheated and had to pull over.  So while, I cooled my heels, I
figured I'd have to have a talk with Gene about his big rig.  (Earlier in
the summer, I had drove to Illinois and hated all the wasted time plugging
up mountains and fighting the ever-present head wind in Kansas-both ways:))

Gene gave me a tour and told me all the good reasons why we should get one,
too.  So last fall, we started shopping and found one just like Gene's, with
bunk beds, etc.  It's bigger than my in-laws camper!  I don't' have huge
issues with tents except that I lost two tent poles and my pop-up canopy
shade at the first ride of last year in the wind, snow, sleet, etc, etc,
etc.  But mostly, I wanted the towing power.

Towing way under it's rating, we get about the same gas mileage as we would
if we were driving the pickup and we can a camper and can tow anything,
anywhere!

Jannelle

My husband drives a big rig when he isn't busy farming. It has a really
nice
sleeper and holds around 450 gallons of fuel, so he thinks it would be
perfect for driving to endurance rides. I prefer our pick-up and tents,
but
he says the big rig would be much easier....