[RC] Has anybody ever tried or heard of this being done? - Jessica Spoone-Raines

I love my aussie saddle but would really like a closer contact feel and a bit more "cushiness" on the bottom for my horses. That said I had this wild idea of getting all or most of the stuffing taken out and lining it with a 1" (maybe a little thicker) piece of memory foam. I know it has done wonders for my back at night adding a 2" pad of it to my mattress. Has anybody heard of this being done with any type of saddle but specifically an aussie? Or maybe seen it used in a saddle pad? Definetly want to hear any cons to it.
Jess Spoone-Raines