Re: [RC] GAS OR DIESELl - Carolyn Burgess

Wendy:

Here's the deal with the two different trucks.  A new diesel may cost more to purchase, but it gets better mileage, about 25% better mileage and that difference is even greater when hauling.  My living example is that my Ford Expedition gets about 13 mpg driving and about 9 towing (a 5,000 lb trailer).  My husbands Ford F350 gets about 17 mpg driving and only drops down to about 15 towing.  So while you may save money in the purchasing price, you will make it up in the cost of fuel (depending on how much driving and towing you do).  The diesel has alot more towing capacity too.

Carolyn Burgess

tazyteke@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK folks I need to here some pro's and cons on which fuel would be preferable for hauling aprox. 350 mile to rides.
I'm currently look to buy a newer truck and because of my budget I can either buy a newer gas engine truck or and older diesel.
So please help me figure out which one I'm buying.
Thanks, Wendy