[RC] Old Domimion - Normanjudyv

Thanks Amy, I thought I should say a few words about the OD, it might help some new comers. I,m retired from endurane now, but my family & I spent 20+ years riding, crewing, working the OD rides. We loved every minute of it. Especially husband Norman, he loves crewing there, it,s such an exciting adventure unlike any other in the east, maybe anywhere. The parking & driving are what you,d expect on a 75 mile loop thru the mountains, no one ever said it,s easy. Some of the stops are huge fields with streams & tons of grass, one is next to the Shenandoah River don,t get much better than that, one is in a smaller field, no problem, one is a shuttle, works fine, another there,s bit of a walk. The real truth is for second half of the ride there usually isn,t that many riders left, so that make for lots of parking & all the vet attention you need. We always looked at it as an all nite tail gate party, relax, have fun, bring lots of good food, drive careful, be consider of the locals, some of them are sick of us. It,s more than an endurance ride, it,s a beautiful, exciting adventure. How many people get to ford the mighty Shenandoad river in the middle of the nite & ride thru the historic land of the civil war. The riders that go to complete just need to keep putting one hoof in front of the other, don,t waste any time. Just make sure to look around & take in the sites. There great views, the air smells so sweet, there,s birds & lighting bugs.
  If anyone needs any mentoring I would be happy to do that, email me. I finished the 100 9 times, the 50 a few times & all the Fort Valley multiday rides many times. Judy