[RC] an overly amorous gelding - Jonni

I was very surprised myself, as I had asked the vet before the surgery how
long it would take to see his behavior change, and he said it could takes
weeks, to a few months, depending on the horse. But I was the one to lead
him out of the barn, and he was alert, not "druggy", but not a single
reaction to the horses in the barn. Got home, put him back in the field, and
when the neighbors mares came to the fence, he ignored them!  The
Laparoscopic type surgery left two tiny cuts, less than a couple inches up
inside his leg. Much less intrusive than normal cut them open and hunt
around options.

Oh, another interesting thing was that about a week after the surgery, I
noticed his butt was not as "full" and round.  I wish I could remember the
testosterone levels he had, but it has been a few years now.
Jonni

**Lif posted: >>I don't see how a horse could have such a change in attitude
in such a short time if the attitude was caused by hormones from the
retained testicle. The hormones would still be in his blood and would still
affect his attitude. Did the vet comment on that? <<<