Re: [RC] an overly amorous gelding - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I have one of those geldings, that doesn't know he's a gelding.  The only way I can deal with it, He has his own pasture.  After "breeding" all my 6 mares and causing many fights...I separated him.

I would like to try that shock trick on Joel....how much is a collar now??????

Jody  (zzzzzapppp!!!!)

Keith Kibler <skkibler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My wife and I have two geldings, and 5 mares. One of the mares is a
yearling and one is about 9 months and a little small. One of the
geldings is apparently "proud cut" and the past has proven both "willing
and able" well, at least for a bit. So, as we dont want this 15.2
lover boy bringing in the yearling early.
We split our corral into two sections with electric fence. We put
lover boy with the 9 month old and he has ended being a great mentor.
He has almost become calm and has quit running the fence back and forth
trying to get to "his" mares.
Mean while the other gelding, who is about to be 3 has suddenly become
extremely intersted, in a rudolph valentino way with the yearling.
AHHHHHH!!!!
My wife has resorted to a dog shock collar. (On Rhythm not yours
truly) He sniffs too much or tries to act like he is mounting and he
gets shocked. (She ever asks what my neck size is and I will get the hint)

So, my question is:
What do you do about mixing geldings and mares?
thanks
Keith

Yahoo! Mail