Re: [RC] road riding- crazy drivers/ crazy rider :) - Barbara McCrary

When I was about 14, I was riding my Morgan mare alongside a lightly-used state highway, the only road I could use to get from point A to point B.  This was in the 1940s and there was little traffic in our area.  I was on the right side of the highway, the proper side for me to be riding on, and along came some yay-hoo in a pickup.  He drove close enough to my mare to bump the stirrup with the door handle on the off-side of his truck and knock it off my foot.  Some people don't have a clue of the damage they can do by pulling some trick like that.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 2:22 PM
Subject: [RC] road riding- crazy drivers/ crazy rider :)

Crazy drivers are everywhere.  I had people throwing stuff out their windows, blaring their horns at us and yelling "Hi ho Silver etc", trying to make my horse spook.  The drivers thought it was funny. Some drivers would just zoom by!   However, horses became literally idiot proof and bomb proof; so something good comes out of it.