[RC] I bought a horse. :-)) - rides2far

Well, it was a good day. I bought a horse and I LOVE him so far!  Is he a
promising athlete...future world beater? Probably not...but I got on him
and had the most fun trail riding that I've had in years.  He was soooo
BROKE!  He walked fast, on a loose rein, trotted 15 miles without a
stumble up and around hills, ate on the trail, crossed water, crossed
bridges, stood while I adjusted my stirrups from his back, cantered on a
loose rein, loaded with the rope thrown over his neck into a strange 2
horse trailer and ate carrots that were offered to him during the trip.
He's been ridden in parades and won ribbons in trail classes (putting on
raincoats and that stuff) Unloaded quietly with a little snorting but no
foolishness at a strange place, took a drink and peed. I'M IN HEAVEN!
He's 8 or 9 yr. old 14.3 unregistered Arab gelding. Fleabitten with the
bloody shoulder (on the hip). Remember I said my "best case scenario"
would be to find some redneck who'd done everything with it and didn't
know what they had? I found even better...a former endurance rider who
broke her back and switched to gaited horses. She had already quit
competing in endurance when she got him but he's been ridden a lot and on
long group trail rides, etc.  I don't know if he'll make an endurance
horse for me but no way I was leaving without that one in my trailer. He
was worth buying just to have. :-))))

Suggestions for names will be taken since he's too tall to be named "Low
Ride" which had been my choice for a tiny one.

Angie