[RC] Head Injury Stats - Kristen A Fisher

This discussion reminded me I have a Nov 2003 article from Equss about riding injuries - I kept it because my philosophy is "My intellectual property is the only thing I have going for me, I need to protect it."

There were almost 80K horse related injuries at ERs in 2001. Brain injuries account for 60% of equestrian fatalities and head/face are involved in 19% of ER visits. So in other words, a head injury is not the most common riding injury, but it is the most fatal.