[RC] Helmets . . . Again - Peggy B-Smith

It is about time for the helmet issue to surface. We've done LD, age limits in endurance - now helmets!
It does kind of tick me off to be called a wimp because I wear a helmet - I wear one, yeah, I look like a dork and don't care!
We have a group of cowboys here that wouldn't be caught dead in a helmet. We have had more injuries in the last couple of years with them working cows in the arena than all the endurance rides and NATRC rides put together we have had and that's quite a few.
One of the "cow" guys was out riding his horse, no helmet, just walking, and woke up and to this day, can't remember what happened. His glasses were broken and he had hit his head. He hasn't ridden since, it shook him up so badly. He says if he ever rides again, he will be wearing a helmet.
Hey, if you have something between your ears to protect wear a helmet. If not, wear a baseball cap! You'll look really cool,and you won't remember your unintentional dismount!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA