Re: [RC] Epics rubs - Karla Watson

How many horses had the rub marks?
All 3 horses. They are dime sized rubs right below the fetlock on the inside of every foot.
How long have the horses been barefoot?
Since October.
Are you using boots for every trail ride, or alternating with some
barefooting?
Using for training rides only. Right now that is 1x week. Logging roads since we live in mudville right now. Can't do barefoot on these roads. We haven't done very many barefoot rides since we got the boots 3 weeks ago.
Is every training ride more than 10 miles?
Yes.
How tight are the
gaiters?
The gaitors are as tight as we can make them as instructed by easyboot. We do get some mud in them and see some mud inside the boots when we take them off. Like I said, Portland, Oregon is mudville so even doing logging roads, you have to cross some deep mud spots.

These boots did not work for my main horse but are working (other than the rub marks) on my 2 kids endurance horses. My horse tore both the backs off cantering up a big, rocky hill. And he began "winging" his front feet with them and it got worse with every ride. So he is back in steel shoes, natural balance.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Karla