Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:37 PM
Subject: [RC] [Fwd: Ride and Tie]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Ride and Tie
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:06:52 -0700
From: Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx

However, I wonder what the interest would be on behalf of the public
and the Olympic Committee in seeing Ride and Tie as an Olympic event. I
think it would capture a lot of people's imagination. Maybe remind
people of the "olden days" when we were so dependent on the horse for
transportation and our very survival. I have never done a Ride and Tie,
but it seems that the horse might be less apt to be abused in the way he
parti
cipates. It might even the playing field amongst the competing
countries, as the US can field some pretty impressive runners. I think
we could teach world class runners to ride more easily than we could
teach world class riders to run.
   Anybody have thoughts on this?     Bruce Weary