RE: [RC] Interesting article on Spread of Weeds by Horses - Kristen A Fisher

Dawn - Could you let me know exactly where you have seen these small patches in TX as - ahem - yeah, I would like to avoid any potential conflict LOL.

Kristen

From: rdcarrie@xxxxxxx [mailto:rdcarrie@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:21 AM
To: kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; KimFue@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Interesting article on Spread of Weeds by Horses

Yes, pot is quite the cash crop in the Pacific NW.  When I was living in Oregon, there was speculation that it was the number one revenue-producing "crop" in the state, outstripping even the timber industry.  <G>  When deer hunting in the Oregon Coast Range, we'd occasionally come across patches of "product" growing in the National Forest.  We'd casually turn and go the other direction, not wanting to risk the booby traps and possible armed guards.
I've come across an occasional small patch in the Nat. Forest here in Texas, but nothing on the scale of what we'd find in Oregon.

Dawn in East Texas