[RC] Thank you for the support - matt medeiros

We have received so many encouraging personal e-mails.Especially from those that were there to witness Colton and Little Diego start and finish their first endurance ride ever.
I do appreciate the concern  by others in regard to the young age and his safety..  That is sweet.
   We did do it a little early as our 1st ride was not planned until next month. Rest assured he will be older and wiser than his first ,as we should always continue learning.
  Thanks again to Karen,Cheif  and Dave .Thanks to Ride Management and all the volunteers.Without their help our sport could not survive.
   Our youth is our future as we,the adults, are as well.
As a point of reference for those still concerned,Colton realized his slip-on cowboy boots were not as good as his tennis shoes for the last 20 miles.He did vet his own horse at each vet check( including the trot out) and never once was ponied.
   He woke up at 3am Monday morning as we were driving home and said"I am so proud of Little Diego and me The desert was real pretty,especially the bright lights in the dark of the town at the finish line"
It was a great experience for him and we are proud of him too.He did his homework with his horse training in the wind and rain thru Dec and Jan between Cool and Michigan Bluff ,California. We, his parents, have never placed ourselves on his horse ever.we have never had to.
We hope the controversy settles soon,
Matt, Tamara and Colton