Re: [RC] kids and horses - SandyDSA

In a message dated 2/21/2006 3:39:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On a mountain with every other level of ability known to man.  NO tethers, as soon as they can go down, they often turn them loose
Not the same thing, since the skiis have no innate ability to take off on their own and entangle other people or horses in their business. A skier may take out another skier but a child on a runaway horse tends to have more impact than that -and the potential for serious harm to  great many individuals is greater. Frankly, I wouldn't put a 3 year old on skiis in a busy place for their own safety. They are after all barely past babyhood. I would hate to think that if they didn't get REAL lucky - or have multiple guardian angels, if something happened to them, it would be my fault - and I could have prevented it. Unfortunately, just because parents are adults does not guarantee they will make wise decisions for their children - or themselves:).Tschuss!