RE: [RC] kids and horses - Alison Farrin

While we do so in a competition venue, I would remind you that skiers tend to
put their kids on skiis at about 3 years old.  On a mountain with every other
level of ability known to man.  NO tethers, as soon as they can go down, they
often turn them loose.  I have often been passed by a laughing 3 year old,
skiing faster than I can. Certainly a sport with significant risk of injury,
and one in which any skiier is capable of cutting another off and sending them
off the mountain. So, would you not let them on the slopes either?

Alison A. Farrin

Joe said:
Amost uniquely among sports with significant risk of injury, endurance has all
competitors in all classes, including our Junior Division, on the same course at
the same time.  An out-of-control adult rider's horse is a danger to all other
horses and riders in the area, and so is an out-of-control child's horse.  No
matter how competent and attentive a sponsor, that sponsor cannot be sure of
being able to take control of a junior's horse in an emergency.

CONFIDENTIAL
This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or
confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this
communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this communication,
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.