Re: [RC] 20 MT and Little Big Man - SandyDSA

seems to me that there would be a difference between ponying a horse for a rider (frankly, of any age) when said horse for whatever reason becomes such a problem that the ride needs help. That is not the same thing as entering a child of an age where they must be ponied to be able to ride the ride. I just think to myself, cute it might be, and the child probably LOVES it - but it just seems idiotic to me to do that, especially because ponying is not exactly without risk of its own, especially on trail with many other horses with unknown behavior patterns. After a few years working on the track and also training our own foals for the past 20 something years, I take ponying seriously. When I see the casual way some people pony even their additional horses let alone with someone aboard, I just shudder. It just seems like it is equally as hazardous as allowing a small child or an inexperienced rider to ride loose. Okay - now I will go work with my mare so that when her foal comes, she and I can pony that foal:)!