Fwd: Re: [RC] [CTR] re: question for ride managers - marshall Bates

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message ---
Carla: I couldn't agree more. I started in NATRC as a
worker while my wife rode in 1987.  I started
competing in 1992
I remember fondly the hours sitting under a camo net
as a secretary watching as people rode by, unaware of
our presence. (quite a sight at times LOL).
We brought 3 generations of our family into the sport
along with several other people.
I became disillusioned when unsound horses placed
higher than a sound one that didn't ace what I
consider to be a ridiculous obstacle.
I also noticed the slower pace and shorter mileages.
I still help once in awhile, but I have found
endurance  (LD's so far but moving up) riding much
more satisfying.
Marsh Bates