[RC] OMGosh - larry Miller

My best memories with kids concern skiing and riding.  My kids started riding when they were 3 or so.  They started skiing when they were 6 and 9, we started them together.  It was just the best family time ever. For whatever reason, those horses and ponies took better care of those kids than they did the adults.  I took them on their first 35 competitive ride when they were 6 and 9.  Other than me giving my horse heat bumps from turning around so much to encourage those kids ('it is just a little further' which was repeated after 5 miles until the finish), those kids did just great.  I was their worst problem as I was nervous Nellie mom.  They helped me in the barn with putting up hay, cleaning stalls, etc.  It didn't take long before they were skiing with us either.  Now they worry about old mom on the slopes.  I always felt that they learned a great appreciation of the out of doors as well as good responsibility.  Dr. Quackenbush's aunt Jeanie