Re: [RC] Age limit for riders? - Truman Prevatt

I sincerely doubt the slippery slope argument. There are already age limits in many equestrian activities. Four H in some states have minimum age limits. NATRC has a minimum age limit of 10 but I sure don't see any push to keep us old timers from riding. The Tevis has a 12 year old age limit - have for years. The USOC has a 16 year old age limit for equestrian activities - higher than most other events, e.g. women's gymnastics which is 12.

There are many more examples.

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:

Please Reply to: Rob Losey jrlosey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Age limit for riders? I hope AERC doesn't get evolved in that one. Sounds like a slippery slope to travel down. If they limit the bottom age they may look at the top end too. There was a day, when I was young, I could take a fall, dust off and walk away with out a bruise. The same fall will take out both knees and a hip. Shoot, now I hurt watching someone else take a fall. If AERC want to stop entries based on age for safety sake, they may look at the ones who can break easier. I don't want to get locked out. It may take a village to raise a child, but I think those judgments are best left up to the parents.

I miss the day when I would bounce instead of break.

Rob and Annabelle

This is just my opinion. It may be wrong. I've been wrong before. If you disagree, I respect your opinion. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Please don't flame me. I take back all I said I didn't mean it. I'll be quiet now. :-(

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein