[RC] [RC] Phytobezor - Sherman

Oh, yeah! now I remember reading about the persimmons balling up & causing an intestinal blockage. I don't think the term "phytobezoar" was used though as it was a website on equine toxins.

Kathy

I'm not Cherie, but try "phytobezoar".....rather than "phytobezor".
I googled it and here is a link to a research article.  Entrez PubMed   Many of the articles google brought up indicated that persimmons were a major cause, but didn't indicate that Arabians were any more prone to them than any other horse who pigs out on persimmons.

Anway, Angie....you should name your new horse Phytobezoar....ok, well maybe its a better name for a rock band <g>.

Sylvia