Re: [RC] Cool Medics vests - Sharon Levasseur

How is it that I've never heard of these wonderful things before!?!?  Could it
be that I live in the northern wilds?  LOL  These look great, actually a lot of
their stuff does, I'm going to have to check it out further!

Thanks for posting,
-Sharon L.

Quoting Susan Favro <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

My personal favorite, for several reasons, is the Collared Riding Vest.
First I can keep my neck cooled with the collar plus it protects my neck
from sun exposure. Second the vest is longer and keep the small of my back
cooled. (If I'm wearing a waist pack, I just strap it over the vest.) Third
the vest is a bit more fitted (there are side gussets) so it's in better
contact with me which means it cools me better.

BTW, CoolMedics also makes gear for horses: poll coolers, neck coolers,
quarter sheets and full sheets.

According to the manufacturer, the black fabric cools as well if not better
than the other colors since the black will attract sun and evaporate more
quickly. The black fabric will probably need to be re-charged more
frequently than the other colors (it only takes 2-3 minutes to re-charge the
fabric for another approximately 6 hours).

At last year's Tevis, riders wore the vests dry at the ride start and then
at Robinson they dunked the vests and didn't squeeze out the excess water. I
heard a lot of positive comments from riders on how comfortable they were,
especially in those hot, hot canyons.

CoolMedics has a new vest style out this year. It's the same as the Collared
Riding Vest but in a V-neck style (no collar). I'll have the new style with
me at AERC convention if you want to take a look at it. (In fact, I'm
looking for someone to model the vest for me so I can get a photo of it to
add to our Web site. If you're interested, stop by my booth.)

.S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
"Innovative effective products for the conscientious horse owner"
Voice - 406.864.8000
Fax - 559.272.6093
Mobile - 406.370.6399
E-mail - Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online - www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net

From: "CTH" <seamstob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [RC]   Cool Medics vests

I know a lot of the riders have them.

Which style do you like best???

Does black work as well as the other colors?

Paddi