Re: [RC] Springtime survey - Maryanne Gabbani

We had our first sandstorm of the season last week. Blowing dust and sand thick enough to cut visibility to about 100 metres. Lasted all day and knocked out a power cable so we couldn't even watch any mindless television while were housebound.?

The mulberry trees have just lost all their leaves (thanks to the sandstorm) and are already budding.?

Baby donkeys, cows, and foals are all over the place. Most breeding takes place so as to have births in December to March when the clover is available.

The sun is starting to warm up our houses enough that we only want one or two dogs sitting on our laps. Mid-January, the more the better, and in a month we'll be pushing them away.

Horses with a strong foreign streak are starting to shed. The Arabs never really get a winter coat.

Maryanne
Cairo