From: "Susan Favro" <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Springtime survey

I was thinking about things that represent the coming of spring to me here
in Montana. Here's a short list:

*    I hear the variegated thrush singing when I go out to feed
*    It's lighter in the morning and evening when I feed
*    When I come back in from feeding, I've got the usual amount of hay
on me and in my hair, but I'm starting to see more horse hair mixed in with
it
*    I've got a line on my pants that's at about mid-shin. It's dirt and
it just happens to line up perfectly with the mud/dirt-encrusted running
boards on my truck.

What are your indicators that Spring is coming?

.S